Old Country Roses Filigree Necklace
A spray of red and yellow roses adorns this captivating Old Country Roses filigree necklace. The setting for the broken china cabochon features an antiqued silver filigree decorated with entwined flowers and vines. This is an elegant piece of floral jewelry with world charm.
I have added an epoxy resin sealer to the back of this pendant creating a silky finish that will slide perfectly over the skin or clothing. This pretty rose pendant will arrive with a stainless steel chain and a secure lobster clasp. The stainless chain is lightweight though strong and will retains it’s good looks long long into the future. Wear this pendant long or short, choose the chain length that best suits your style.
This is a one of kind pendant, there will never be another exactly the same.
Old Country Roses introduced in 1962, is a fairly recent addition to Royal Albert’s fine china collection. This alluring pattern with its romantic sprays of red and yellow roses in full summer bloom quickly became the worlds best selling china. It is a wondrous celebration of the English country garden and that country’s national flower.
Royal Albert china was first produced in 1896 and production in England ceased in 2002. Production of the china moved overseas as sales dropped and we began to choose sturdier dishes without that lovely 24K gold trim that did not fare well in our modern day dishwashers. But the love for Old Country Roses lives on; collections reside in many a china cabinet and lovingly appear for family gatherings all over America. Beautiful new products may still be purchased though alas, not in England. The final photo, included to indicate size, is of another pendant, Blossom Time, also by Royal Albert.
Many of my customers lament that their valued family china is not wanted anymore. Once handed down to daughters and nieces, they no longer have the storage space or the time for the hand washing. More that one of my customers has told me that she uses her Royal Albert china everyday and puts it in the dishwasher, “Nobody wants it, I am going to enjoy it”.
An Old Country Roses Necklace, easy to store in your jewelry box, doesn’t need washing and is a beautiful reminder of the past. The perfect gift of jewelry for that special person.
Construction and Materials
- 36mm antiqued silver setting (1.4 inches)
- 25mm hand shaped Royal Albert china cabochon
- rhodium plated stainless steel link chain (16/18/20/24 or 30 inches)
- stainless steel lobster clasp
- epoxy resin sealed pendant backing
Shipping and Handling
- parcels are sent via Canada Post, small packet
- average 5-8 business days for US delivery, 2-4 days Canadian delivery
- shipped within 3 business days, often sooner
- packaged for gift giving: jewelry box, tissue, wrapping, ribbon
The Fine Details
- prices in Canadian dollars
- don’t forget to grab your 20% off coupon code on your first order
- free shipping on orders over $75 (Canadian funds)
- please expect minor surface and edge imperfections due to the manufacturing process and age of the vintage china.
- every pendant is slightly different, you may not receive the exact one pictured though I make every attempt to capture an appealing pattern.
There are no reviews yet.