Blue China Necklace
Carefully up-cycled from a little china tea plate that was produced in 1935 this graceful little blue china necklace is truly a charmer.
Blue Pansy, Royal Albert china is a piece of history; it was produced as a tea set for just the one year in 1935. Other companies have copied the pattern but their china lacks the crisp beauty of the intensely blue pansies and the delicate pale green of the leaves that makes this one so special.
I am very fond of this pattern and I was thrilled to find the lovely tea plate that this pendant was recycled from. I love to handcraft jewelry from items that are no longer desirable but were once much loved. It warms my heart to think that this piece of china was lovingly hand washed and dried, carefully stored away and brought out for only the most special of occasions. I hope that you too will enjoy this little piece of history as you wear our handmade blue china necklace.
I have carefully hand cut the small circle of Blue Pansy and nestled it in a circular gun metal pendant. It has been covered with a dome of epoxy resin that appears to magnify the pretty little pansy. This pendant will arrive to you with a co-ordinating gun-metal chain, wear it long, wear it short. I have included a 14″ chain option as think this would make a lovely choker necklace for that special someone. I have made several of this special pendant but no two will be exactly the same.
Construction and Materials
- 3 cm round gunmetal setting (1 1/8 inch)
- 2 cm hand shaped ‘Blue Pansy’ Royal Albert cabochon (3/4″)
- epoxy resin dome surface
- gunmetal rolo chain (14/16/18/20/24/30″)
- gunmetal lobster clasp
Shipping and Handling
- parcels are sent via Canada Post, small packet
- average 5-8 business days for US delivery, 2-4 days Canadian delivery
- shipped within 3 business days, often sooner
- packaged for gift giving: jewelry box, tissue, wrapping, ribbon
The Fine Details
- prices in Canadian dollars
- don’t forget to grab your 20% off coupon code on your first order
- free shipping on orders over $75 (Canadian funds)
- please expect minor surface and edge imperfections due to the manufacturing process and age of the vintage china
There are no reviews yet.