Blue Willow Necklace
Sail away with this little boat necklace up-cycled from a vintage Blue Willow china plate.
I have chosen the little boat (possibly a Chinese junk) for the focal on this sterling silver blue willow necklace. Hand carved and nestled in a crown bezel setting this little piece evokes thoughts of adventure and sailing away.
This keepsake pendant is suspended from a elegant fan bail and box chain in 16 or 18 inches. All metal parts are .925 sterling silver. The reverse is sealed with epoxy resin to ensure the up-cycled china remains securely attached and slides beautifully across the skin and clothing.
This little boat is always featured on Blue Willow china though the style of boat changes among manufacturers. The famous china pattern tells an old fable that varies from culture to culture though some things remain constant. The scene always contains: 2 birds, a pagoda, a boat, a fence, willow trees, pine trees and a bridge with three men fishing. I shall be making more Blue Willow necklaces.
Construction and Materials
- 22mm antiqued sterling silver crown setting (7/8 inch)
- hand shaped Blue Willow boat cabochon
- antiqued sterling silver fan bail
- sterling silver box chain (16″or 18″)
- epoxy resin sealed pendant backing
Shipping and Handling
- parcels are sent via Canada Post, small packet
- average 5-8 business days for US delivery, 2-4 days Canadian delivery
- shipped within 3 business days, often sooner
- packaged for gift giving: jewelry box, tissue, wrapping, ribbon
The Fine Details
- prices in Canadian dollars
- don’t forget to grab your 20% off coupon code on your first order
- free shipping on orders over $75 (Canadian funds)
- please expect minor surface and edge imperfections due to the manufacturing process and age of the vintage china